March 22, 2012
Al Golin, founder and energetic leader of the GolinHarris agency, will be the lead speaker at the PRSA Midwest District’s inaugural professional development conference, planned for July 19-20 in Chicago.
He headlines a series of powerful speakers from business, government and communications. Details are being confirmed for presenters from Allstate, Boeing, ComEd, Facebook, Twitter, General Motors, Motorola and others.
In addition to several keynote presentations, the conference will feature a number of interactive breakout sessions on such topics as
- Social media
- Crisis communications
- Working with the media
- Corporate communications
- Transitioning from college to a professional career
Watch for registration details to come soon.
March 14, 2012
Our first 2012 affinity group topic will be programming. This will be a great opportunity for those involved in your chapter’s programming activities to share what’s worked for you, get ideas and ask questions. Our discussion will include the following:
- Successful program ideas – what topics were a big draw?
- Recommended speakers – have you had any great speakers in the past 1-2 years that other chapters may be interested in?
- Timing – what time of day works best for your members (breakfast, lunch, happy hour)?
- Locations – do you rotate to different areas of town or stay with one venue for your meetings?
- Different membership segments – what programs have you developed to serve the needs of new, mid-level and senior professionals?
- Challenges – is your chapter experiencing any programming issues? Ask the other chapter leaders for advice!
Please feel free to forward this on to the most appropriate members of your Chapter board. The more the merrier! Also, please contact Renee Robinson, APR (Renee.Robinson@assurant.com) to let her know if you plan to participate and to receive the call-in information.