Midwest District delegates attending the October 27 annual meeting in Philadelphia approved the slate of officers for 2014. Sorry I did not get this posted earlier! Here’s the team:
- Chair: Lori Marble, APR (Southwest Missouri Chapter)
Lori is Director of Marketing and Communications for Mercy Hospital in Joplin, and serves as president of the SW Missouri Chapter for 2013.
- Chair-elect: Kellie Wostrel, APR (Nebraska Chapter)
Kellie is Public Relations Manager at Swanson Russell in Omaha and serves as president of the Nebraska Chapter for 2013.
- Treasurer: Jill Alexander, APR, Fellow PRSA (St. Louis Chapter)
Jill is Senior Director of Corporate Communications for Isle of Capri Casinos in St. Louis. This will be Jill’s second year as treasurer.
- Secretary: Karen Korsgard, APR (Central Illinois Chapter)
Karen is Director of Client Services at Hult Marketing in Peoria. This will be Karen’s second year as secretary.
- Immediate Past-chair: Brant Skogrand, APR, MBC (Minnesota Chapter)
Brant is principal and Chief Communications Officer for Skogrand PR Solutions in Minneapolis. Brant also served as president of the Minnesota Chapter before moving into leadership at the MW District.
- PRSA Nominating Committee Representative (Primary): Lewis Pryor, APR (Central Illinois Chapter)
Lewis is AVP of Public Affairs at State Farm Insurance’s corporate headquarters in Bloomington. He is also president of the Central Illinois Chapter for 2013.
- PRSA Nominating Committee Representative (Alternate): Herb Ritchell (Chicago Chapter)
Herb is Director of the Advertising and Public Relations program at Loyola University, where he also oversees internships and teaches advertising and public relations courses. Herb also operates his own consulting practice.
Congratulations once again to the slate, and thank you for your service to your Chapter, the District and the Society!